Baby Food: Miso Flavoured Cream Stew with Salmon and Winter Cabbage
Winter cabbage, salmon, milk and miso is the tasty combo!
Ingredients for about 500cc:
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
- 1 leaf of winter cabbage (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped mushroom (I used Shiitake)
- some chopped spring onion (not necessary)
- 50g of salmon (cut into small)
- 100cc of milk
- 500cc of hot water + for boiling ingredients
- 1-2 teaspoons of Miso
- 1 table spoon of corn flour
- (you can add chopped carrot, broccoli, potato, etc. as you like)
- Parmesan cheese
1. to remove the bitterness of veggies and fishy smell of salmon, boil these two ingredients separately in hot water till they get half done and take them aside. This process makes the dish more flavoursome with miso seasoning.
2. Boil all the ingredients with 500cc of hot water, skim the scum if necessary.
3. Dissolve miso in a small container with the water from the pan. Add it into the pan and gentry simmer for 2-3 minutes. Dissolve the cornflour with milk and add then allow it to get thicker as a stew over medium temperature. Add salt or more miso as you like and then add some cheese to serve.
The stew can be stored in freezer for around two weeks.
Total cost: around 1 pound (as I use some leftover ingredients from daily meal, don't know exactly but very inexpensive.)