Juicy and Crispy Chicken Breast with Curry-Soy Flavour
Kids love this mild and spicy chicken dish.
By dusting the chicken pieces with flour before deep frying, they retain juicy texture.
Got this recipe idea from a Japanese cookery magazine, Orange Page July 2014.
Ingredients for three+
- 1 Pieces of large Chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoons of Sake
- 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons of Curry Powder (mild hot)
- Corn Flour or Potato Flour to dust
- Vegetable Oil to deep fry
1. Slice chicken breast into bite-sized with 1cm thin then soak in the seasoning for 20-30 mints. I seasoned entire chicken breast for overnight. Either way works.
2. Drain the extra moisture of the chicken pieces with paper towels. Dust with corn flour or potato flour.
3. Pour vegetable oil into a small frying pan over 1cm depth. Heat up over medium temperature then deep fry a half potion of chicken pieces for 2-3 mints in both sides till they get golden colour. Place chicken pieces over paper towels to drain extra oil. Then deep fry the other half portions.
Very nice dish for snack or main.
Also kids love this chicken for finger food or a lunch box ingredient!!
Time to prepare: 30 minutes (including seasoning)