Ribeye Steak Salad with Soy-Wasabi-Truffle oil sauce, miso soup with winter root veggies and porkSteak is a luxury and entertaining meal and sufficiently satisfies the male stomach. However, the calorie intake is quite high (though it depends on the meat part or the amount).
This steak salad is a great main dish. The perfume of truffle oil and sharp hint of wasabi creates rich flavour. Besides, lots of fresh veggies can be taken together.
Rich and heavy but less amount of meat, with lots of veggies therefore, it is healthier and more economical than serving a piece of steak per head.
Ingredients (for two)
- Ribeye steak 300g
- Salt and black pepper
- Soy sauce 2 table spoon
- Wasabi 1/2 table spoon
- Truffle oil 1 teaspoon
- Fresh veggies: lettuce, tomatos, parsley, shredded cucumber, etc.
1. Season the meat with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat a thick frying pan at the highest temperature, fry the each side of the steak for 2-3 mints then lower the heat to do the meat as your preference.3. Set the meat aside. Do not slice it immediately after cooking as the juice will be gone.
4. Mix soy sauce, wasabi and truffle oil in a bowl.
5. Slice the meat into 5-7mm, serve it over lots of salad veggies with soy-sawabi-triffle oil sauce!
I love Tonjiru, a miso soup with root veggies and pork. I tried to add some grated ginger as it keeps our body warm.
|Small yams, carrots, turnip, spring onion, konjak (yam potato cake), dried shiitake mushrooms, deepfried tofu and pork|
1. Yams and turnips are peeled and cut into small bite sized. Other ingredients are cut into 1-1.5cm length.2. Boil root veggies for 4-5 mins. Konjak is torn into pieces and boiled in water for 5 mins to remove the scum.
3. Put all the ingredients in a large deep pan. Add water and miso and mirin as you like (3-4 table spoons of miso for 1L). Gently boil until root veggies get tender. If available, add some Japanese stock (dashi, made of dried bonito) in the end.
I enjoyed the tonjiru next day too.
It was very good to start the day with miso soup with lots of veggies!!
Total cost of the dinner: 13.56 pounds (11.06 for ribeye steak, 2.5 for all veggies)
Total time to prepare the ribeye steak salad: 25 mins (exclude seasoning time)