Grilled courgette and avocado with wasabi-soy-mayo: a perfect party nibble
I made this for a side dish. However, it is more like nibble than side. The richness of avo-mayo combo gains density with grilled courgette and the flavour of soy and wasabi makes it a perfect for party nibble.
Can be topped on sliced bread or plain crackers!!
- One large courgette
- One ripe avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon of wasabi
- 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Some seaweed black paper (if available)
- Thinly sliced spring onion (if available)
- some olive oil to grease courgette
1. cut courgette into 1cm length. Cut avocado into small bite sized.
2. Grease courgette with olive oil and grill it over 200C in oven for 5-7 mints.3. Mix soy sauce and wasabi in a bowl then add mayonnaise.
4. Dress the avocado and courgette with the sauce. Top sliced spring onion and shredded black paper to serve.
Grilled courgette can be replaced with cucumber or other salad vegetables. If the raw vegges are involved, better to dress them with sauce just before serving as they might get watery and ruins the rich and dense taste of this dish.
Total time to prepare: 15 mints
Total cost: 1.4+ pounds (0.9 for avocado, 0.5 for courgette and other ingredients)