Chicken Teriyaki Crêpe (Sunday 23 September)
This is our traditional Sunday brunch menu.
Add leftover smoked salmon from Lego Bento and a nice bunch of grapes gained from Hampstead Community Market.
I usually prepare Crêpe batter in previous night and store in the fridge. This makes the batter mush smoother and less floury.
Ingredients for two
- 2 small pieces of chicken thigh
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mirin
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 40g of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of water or milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 50-70g of cucumber
- 2 spring onion
- 1 bunch of coriander or dill
- 10g of fennel (if available)
- 1 pear (if available)
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of vinegar (dark or white, desirably rice vinegar)
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of oyster sauce
1. Put all the Crêpe ingredients into a large bowl. Combine them together. Wrap the top with a cling film and store in the fridge at least for 1 hour.
Heat up a slightly greased frying pan over medium temperature, pour the batter over it.
Cook both sides for 2-3 mins and put it aside in a plate.2. Heat up the oven at 200C. Place chicken pieces on a baking sheet and cook them for 10-12 mins until a translucent juice comes out from the meat
3. Cut cucumber, spring onion, fennel into thin stripe. Chop dill/coriander into rough pieces
4. Once the chicken is done, take them out from the oven. Allow them cool and then thinly slice
5. Combine veggies and chicken into a bowl with the seasoning.
Wrap the stuffing with a crepe, and yummy, yummy...
Time to prepare: 1 hour (excluding the time to settle the crepe batter)
Total cost: 2.5 pounds (1.5 for chicken thigh, 1 for the rest of veggies)