Sardine tomato cream -capellini (Dinner 14 Sep)
Ingredients (for one)
- 100g capellini
- 100g plum tomatoes (seeds were removed)
- 1 sardine
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 4 pieces of asparagus
- 100cc single cream
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper
1. Boil water in a large deep pan and cook asparagus for 2 mins. Cool down asparagus and cut into 4-5cm length
2. Heat a large frying pan at medium temperature.
Spread olive oil and fry onion and garlic for 2 mins3. Load tomatoes into the frying pan and gently boil them for 5-6 mins to thicken the sauce
4. Add sardine into the sauce and boil for 3-4 mins
5. Boil capellini for 1 min and 20 seconds then add them into the sauce to dress
6. Serve pasta topped with boiled asparagus and cream.
Fresh sourness of tomato and sharp flavour of sardine was deepen by cream.
Asparagus was right garnish for this rich sauce.
Last night, I struggled to remove small bones from sardine.
In the bed, I realised that I got sardine flavour on my fingers.
The dish was worth while for such effort and the remained smell.
Total cost: 2.1 pounds (0.5 for sardine, 0.6 for pasta, 1 for veggies)