Baby Bento Recipe (11 April): Bolognese rice with white sauce toasted with cheese and broccoli
I used bolognese sauce and ketchup for rice.
The combination of creamy white sauce and tomato rice topped with crispy cheese is delicious.
Ingredients and Direction of white sauce
- 15g of butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 200-250cc of milk
- a pinch of salt
2. Keep mixing till the batter becomes smooth.
3. Once the batter is done, turn the heat off and let it cool down.
4. While cooling down the batter, prepare the rice. I added one tablespoon of bolognese sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of ketchup into 200cc rice.
5. Add the milk bit by bit to dissolve the batter over small heat. Keep mixing the batter to avoid forming lumps.
6. Once it gets smooth and rich, add salt.
7. Fill the rice in a baking tray (I made the bento sized cup with a baking sheet) and pour the white sauce. Top with cheese and chopped broccoli flower or parsley and then grill it over 200C for 5-7 mints.
Time to prepare: 25 mints