Christmas Roast Leftover Remake 6: Pumpkin Soup with Goose Bone Stock and Bread Pudding with Plum Compote
The natural flavour from the stock prepared with leftover Christmas Roast Goose enhances the real taste of vegetables and then the soup becomes very elegant.
It is definitely different from the one using chicken stock cube (though I enjoy it usually).
Ingredients for Pumpkin Soup (for 3-4 people)
- 1/2 of medium sized pumpkin
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 branch of celery without leaves
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 400-500cc of goose bone stock (or 400-500cc of water and a half cube of chicken stock. In this case, avoid to use salt)
- (sour cream)
1. Microwave the pumpkin for 3-4 mins. Peel the skin and chop into rough pieces
2. Chop onion and celery into pieces and fry them in a deep pan with butter for 3-4 mins
3. Add pumpkin and soup stock, gently cook until all ingredients become tender for 5-6 mins
|Goose Stock came out from freezer!!|
4. Blend the soup for 3 mins. Once it gets smooth, put it back to the pan and add salt. Serve the soup with sour cream and some dill or chopped parsley on top.
I also add plum compote prepared at Le Cordon Bleu Christmas Dinner Workshop into the bread pudding.
Directions:Cut bread into small bite sized and soak with 200cc of milk. Grease the baking tray with butter. Prepare caramel with 50g of dark sugar with 1 tablespoon of water and spread it on the bottom of the baking tray. Place bread, plum compote and rasin in the tray. Combine 2 eggs, 50g of sugar and 300cc of milk and pour into the tray and grill it in oven over 160C for 25-30 mins.
Total time to prepare: 10 mins for Pumpkin Soup and 40 mins for Bread Pudding