Sweet and Sour Miso Chicken
To provide readers a broad image of this dish, roughly saying, it is deep-fried chicken and veggies dressed with sweet and sour miso souce with a hint of sesame oil.
It is a very good company for steamed rice or noodles.
- Green veggies (mange tout, asparagus, broccoli, etc.)
- Red veggies (1/3 paprika or 3 cm carrot)
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes
- 2 pieces of chicken thighs
- spring onion (not necessary)
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- pinches of salt
- corn flour
- Vegetable oil to deep-fry
- (Crushed Chilli)
- 1 tablespoon of miso
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of water
1. Cut the chicken into bite sized and season with sake and salt in a bowl.
2. Fill vegetable oil in 1 cm depth in a large frying pan and heat up over medium temperature. Deep-fry veggies roughly till they get nice coloured (about for 1 minute) and then set aside over a paper towel.
3. Dust the chicken pieces with corn flour and deep-fry them for 2 minutes for both sides. Empty the oil from the pan and wipe the rest with paper towels.
4. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
5. Heat up the pan and gently boil the sauce ingredients (also add chilli if you like) then add chicken chicken pieces to dress.
6. Add the rest of veggies to dress and serve.
Total time to prepare: 25 minutes
Total cost of sweet and sour miso chicken: 2.3 pounds (1.6 for chicken and 0.7 for the rest of veggies and seasonings)