A Japanese Housewife Style Fish&Chips
Got very beautiful large pieces of plaice. I like meuniere of white fish with soy and butter sauce. If it is served with potato, Mr. Husband calls "Fish and Chips".
In this recipe, I use only two tablespoons of olive oil and tiny amount of butter. This Fish and Chips is quite healthy though it is rich enough to satisfy male stomach.
Got nice seasonal broad beans so I added them to the sides!
- 1-2 pieces of Plaice
- 1 baking potato
- 6-7 pods of broad beans
- 1 teaspoon of Caper
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of cornflour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1. Season plaices with salt and pepper (I stored tale parts to freeze. Too much portion is not visually good, also it is unhealthy!)
3. Boil broad beans in the same pan for 2-3 mins
4. Heat up a large frying pan at small temperature, add olive oil and fry the potato slowly such as for 10 mins. In the last 2 mins, raise the heat at high temperature to make them crispy. Once they are done, place on the kitchen paper to oil
8. Serve the plaice topped with butter and soy sauce together with potato, beans and a slice of lemon.
I also made green salad while boiling potato.
Nicely goes with chilled white wine.
Total time to prepare: 35 mins
Total cost: 4.6 pounds (3.4 for plaices, 0.2 for potato, 1 for other veggies)